Saturday, February 5, 2011

What is humour?

If you have been following @therealfakeNTU all this 2months plus, we thank you for all your support :)

Using humour has been an aspect of our presence of @therealfakeNTU, so today we would like to conceptualize the idea of humour:

We believe that the concept of humour consists of both logic and illogical components, which co-exist together. Consider these examples:


What did the Pluto resident say to the Martian visitor? "adfoei et rgasodh ah ghi as adgfaho!"


Yes, it has the illogical component - the Martian and the Pluto Resident, but the element of logic is missing. So the joke does not make sense at all.

Consider this next example:


What did the promiscuous sexy lady say to her friend? "I love cocks, especially big ones" - Logical yes, if I was a promiscuous lady, I'll definately love big............ errr, nevermind. but there is no element of irrationality, boring.


Lets vary it: What did the hen say to her friend? "I love cocks, especially big ones" - ah thats a fine mix of both elements, what do you think?



However when the link of irrationality and logic becomes too far fetched, it becomes a lame joke. I remember a conversation with my friend a few months back, which lead to a lame joke. I'm a bad driver, and I swear i can't handle manual cars. So when I was asking my friend about my thumbdrive, which was with him, this was his reply, "you cannot even drive manual, you want to thumb drive?"


There you go. And of course, if you were linked here from facebook, and you do have twitter, do follow us on twitter: @therealfakeNTU !
 and of course, check out our friends on twitter for humour at the very best: @merylzhanyee, @museoramuse. @cchockolate, @kickthatmo, @fakeMOE, @realFASS!

What do you feel about us tweeters? Do let us know through a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment